…because every day counts
Pay for a Day is a very special scheme that enables you to pay for all the hospice’s costs for a whole day, by making a donation of £7,200, on a day of your choice.
As a Pay for a Day supporter you will be helping to provide essential services for the hundreds of patients and their families who are in our care at any one time. This means supporting patients who are newly diagnosed, caring for those who are coping with the ups and downs of their illness or supporting a patient and their family at the end of their life.
Your gift will fund all the services we offer from our in-patient care, to our Wellbeing Centre and our community team. It covers the provision of specialist medical care within the hospice, advice and support at home, as well as counselling, welfare advice, spiritual support and complementary therapies. Pay for a Day is a wonderful way of showing us how highly you value our work and showing your support for the hospice.
There are a number of different ways you can get involved:
- As an individual giver, you might want to make a single one-off donation, support a number of days over a year or select a special day to commemorate each year.
- If you’re undertaking an individual challenge event, why not set yourself the target of fundraising for a day’s costs?
- And if you’re fundraising as a team, you can build up to Pay for a Day through a number of activities or over a period of time.
With Pay for a Day you can choose the day/s you would like to fund and that may be a date of special significance for you – an anniversary, a birthday or another memorable date. Just let us know and we’ll see what we can do. To show our appreciation, we’ll offer you:
- a special tour of the hospice on your chosen day so that you can see the services you have supported
- a personalised, framed Pay for a Day certificate, and
- a display of your Pay for a Day certificate within the Hospice on your chosen day.
In addition, you’ll be invited to a special celebratory event when we thank all our Pay for a Day supporters. You might be interested to know that you can Gift Aid a personal Pay for a Day donation, which will add a further 25% to the value of your gift.
If you want to make a donation, need fundraising ideas, or are thinking of taking on an individual challenge or team event to raise funds for Pay for a Day, we’re here to help. Just get in touch.
For further information about Pay for a Day, please contact:
Carolyn Robinson, Donor Relationship Manager
01444 470721 Direct Dial
01444 471598 Main Switchboard