St Peter & St James is remarkable in so many ways and there is no exception where our volunteers are concerned. Volunteers give far more than their time. We simply could not continue to offer our vital services without their commitment and the wide range of talents and abilities they bring to their work.
There are many benefits to becoming a volunteer at St Peter & St James. By working in teams alongside our employed staff, volunteers complement and extend the existing services to patients and families whilst gaining satisfaction and a true sense of purpose, in addition to meeting new people and making new friends. Induction, training, updates meetings and social events are all part of the volunteer experience.
If you have time to spare either on a regular or less regular basis, why not think about becoming involved in the valuable and rewarding roles available to volunteers.
What tasks do volunteers undertake?
Some volunteers work with patients or support patients’ carers, others work in one of our modern charity shops or in our central warehouse where knowledge of furniture, china, glass and clothing is helpful. Some volunteers offer help at Fundraising events or as a member of a local Support Group.
Over 416 volunteers help in a variety of ways, including:
- Art/craft/music activities for patients
- Assisting in Beacon View Wellbeing Centre
- Bed making
- Complementary therapy
- Driving and escorting patients to and from Beacon View Wellbeing Centre
- Flower arranging
- Maintenance and DIY
- Serving drinks to patients
The list is endless!
We are currently recruiting for the following vacancies: ** Recently added**
- **Beacon View Café**
- Beacon View Wellbeing Centre – General Help
- Bedmakers – Weekends
- Charity Shop Volunteers
- **Qualified Counsellors**
- **Drivers and Escorts for our Minibus**
- **Shop Runner at Haywards Heath Charity Shop. It involves the moving and storing of donations, administration of gift aid and keeping shop areas tidy and clear.**
- **Weekend and bank donkey feeding for Dylan and Dudley our Hospice donkeys.**
- Lunchtime Assistants on a Saturday.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering generally or in connection with a specific vacancy, please contact Avril Roberts, Volunteer Services Coordinator on 01444 470 812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can be sure of a warm welcome.