Here are just some examples of the many and varied items that the shops sell.
Everything from coffee tables to three piece suites; dining tables & chairs to some wall units, dressers and sideboards; bureaux, computer desks & office chairs; all bedroom furniture including single & double beds and wardrobes; kitchen tables & chairs; conservatory furniture; pictures, mirrors, clocks and sometimes even pianos!
In order to comply with Trading Standards, beds and upholstered items must carry a fire label to prove that they comply with the 1988 (or later) fire regulations, unless antique or pre-1950. Mattresses must be stain free and all other items must be clean and without any holes or animal damage.
Electrical and White Goods
Lamps, stereo equipment, some small TV’s, digital TV’s, vacuum cleaners, fridges, fridge/freezers, freezers, washing machines, tumble driers, microwave ovens, clocks etc.
In order to be sold the above must be in full working order and fridges and freezers must be defrosted and emptied before collection. All items are PAT tested before going on sale.
Items not accepted:
- Gas cookers and fitted electric ovens
- Computer hardware, including old printers.
- Ladies, gentlemen’s and children’s clothing & accessories including shoes, hats, gloves, scarves, handbags, leather belts, evening wear, jewellery. We also sell vintage clothing
- Bed linen, pillows, clean duvets, towels, table cloths & napkins, throws, bedspreads & eiderdowns.
- Curtains & cushions – full length curtains are particularly sought after.
Glass, China and Bric-a-brac
- Ornaments, breakfast, dinner and tea wares, vases, jugs, kitchen equipment, cookware, drinking glasses, jugs, rose bowls, fruit bowls (cut crystal or plain), picture frames – just about everything!
- Books (adult & children’s), DVD’s, CD’s, Vinyl Records
- Children’s Toys & Equipment
- Toys, bicycles, tricycles, scooters (no crash helmets or riding hats & no roller blades), train sets & layouts, changing tables, pushchairs, high chairs, walkers, cots (no car seats) adult bicycles.
All these must be fairly modern, clean, complete and in good condition. All items will be checked to ensure that they comply with current British Standards before going on sale.
- Gold or silver jewellery, good modern or new jewellery
- Ornaments by Beswick, Royal Doulton, Sylvac, Minton etc
- Old clocks.
- Antique furniture and curios.
- Stamps, post cards, cigarette cards.
- Paintings & prints.
- Old lace.
- Vintage clothing.
If items are of high value they may be sold at auction or on eBay to achieve the best price.